Setter / Operator (Nightshift)
Role: To Set Run and Operate multiple machine tool equipment whilst performing additional supporting processes and tasks.
Reporting to: Value Stream Leader
- Perform tasks allocated to the role within the nightshift team at Middlesex Aerospace
- Attend nightly Tier Meetings and highlight any SQDCP issue on a regular basis.
- Attend bimonthly Team Meetings
- Participate in Kaizen events – Problem solving, 5S, Set up Reduction and other activities.
- Ensure completion of all routing cards and any MRP bookings (Jobshop) to allow accurate tracking and traceability of products.
- Carry out TPM activities on equipment as instructed.
- Set and track daily SIC (short interval controls) and report/record any deviation to plan as instructed.
- De-burr parts for handling or as instructed whilst machine tools are in cycle.
- Perform part marking operations as instructed whilst machine tools are in cycle
- Set & Run multiple machine tools plus perform any additional processes as instructed.
- Be responsible for the quality of the products produced ensuring all quality checks are performed and recorded as requested.
- Be open to learning new skills and be willing to move around the business to other areas and operating different pieces of equipment and performing other processes if required.
- Verify your own and other team members “first off’s” using manual and automated checking equipment as required.
- Preparing fixtures and tools for forth coming jobs in your section.
What you will bring
- Willing to learn new skills and take part in a structured training program.
- A willingness to grow in the role and develop the position.
- A team player.
- Not be afraid to challenge or be challenged.
- An expectation that you will work additional hours to achieve the output required.
Strictly no agencies please.
If you would like to be considered for this role please forward your CV, with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 1256 353711.